Moonbeams 1 (MB1) is the entry point of the MYC® Method for 7-9 year olds. The older beginner program is designed to support the students’ growing sense of independence. Reading becomes the primary focus for gathering information, while the songs, ensembles and keyboard repertoire incorporate early piano literature, folk songs, technique and harmonization.
- pattern reading
- scale playing with harmonizing chords in 6 keys
- keyboard repertoire with plentiful supplementary pieces for holidays and extra challenges
- rhythm and keyboard ensemble experiences
- harmonization and composition experiences
- transposing within 5 finger patterns
- understanding and utilizing legato and staccato touches
Student’s Information Sheet 2019/2020
This information sheet is made for your reference. Payment policies, and practice time are listed as follow:
- Lessons fees are expected to be in the form of Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) per month, for the whole year or in full. Late payment charges / NSF fees will be applied when payments are rejected or not received after September 1, 2019. There will be an additional $10 handling fee applied if you wish to make cash or cheque payment, credit card ($10+ 3% surcharge) for monthly recurring lesson fees.
- Please be prepared with necessary lesson materials (music books, practice folder, bag, tin sheet with magnets, etc.)
- Please visit our website at www.vivamusicastudio.ca for updated information.
- We all understand that special events may happen due to special reasons. If you have to miss a lesson, please let us know as soon as possible. We can be reached at my studio (403) 374-0833 or you can leave us a message on our voice mail or email us at email@example.com (The best way is to email during non-studio hours.)
- In case of absence:
Group:no make-up will be provideddue to the nature of a group class setting. Please notify us before the lesson and we can arrange material for student to take home or to attend another teacher’s class in a pre-arranged time only. Lesson recording service is available at $5 (student must bring in their own USB storage device) and it is available upon request prior to lesson starts.
Private:24 hours notice is mandatory for anyone to cancel a lesson (no exceptions). We can try to schedule a make up lesson later if possible. A no show to lesson will result in forfeiting lesson fee and no make-up will be provided (regardless of reason).
- Private lesson: we expect to have 40 lessons in the 10 month school year from Sep – June. Any remaining lessons unused during the school year should be scheduled for lessons in summer months of July and August. We will NOT carry over lesson remaining to the following school year. Teachers will be expected to rearrange lesson time if teachers cancel. We will only carry up to 8 makeup lessons maximum to summer if students cancel the lessons.
- Group lesson:we expect to have 33 lessons in the 9 month school year from Sept to May. Teachers may combine lessons if necessary to finish the last class, one week after the recital if necessary. (Parents will be notified during class). Lessons will run until early June due to academy holidays.
- In case of terminating lesson during the school year, one-month notice and penalty is required. Students are encouraged to stay throughout the year since the specific time spot is reserved for you. Please contact Ms. Jessica directly if you have any special circumstances.
- By enrolling as a student of Viva Musica Studio, parents have given us the consent to take photo, audio recording, or video recording of classes for teacher training and quality control purposes. Parents will be asked individually if they would like to have photos, audio recording and video recording published for marketing purpose.Parents further agree that their email address on file will be added to the Viva Musica Studio mailing list and will receive the Viva Musica Studio Newsletter as well as additional email notifications from the studio. Parents understand that personal information is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and protected by the privacy provisions of FOIP. This information is for use only by Viva Musica Studio Ltd. & MYC and will not be passed to a third party.
Material Fee: $199
Registration Fee: $35
Supplies & Rcital Fee: $45
First Months Tuition: $90
(monthly tution continues to be $90)